Vision of the School of Electrical Engineering
Advancement of electrical engineering academics, research and development within and in close collaboration with industry, society and leading institutions while developing visionaries who can create a better society with a passion for technology.
Mission of the School of Electrical Engineering
- To impart program-oriented knowledge in Electrical Engineering required for solving engineering problems so as to comprehend, analyze design and create novel products and solutions for the country.
- Provide opportunities at individual level for developing a professional with an ability to apply his/her knowledge and skills for the advancement of society in Electrical Engineering.
- To address technological requirements of society through the inventions in Electrical Engineering and interdisciplinary research.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and competent leaders can emerge in a range of professions with special emphasis in Electrical Engineering.
Bachelor of Technology- Electrical Engineering (4 Year)
The educational objectives of the undergraduate programme of Electrical Engineering:
- Graduates will have a thorough grounding in the key principles and practices of Electrical Engineering and will have applied their skills and knowledge of foundational principles to the design and implementation of practical systems.
- Graduates will be successfully employed in the Electrical Engineering and allied professions and will be actively engaged in learning, understanding and applying new ideas and technologies in the Electrical Engineering field.
- To develop among students ability to apply in depth knowledge of one or more specializations within the relevant branch of engineering.
- To develop among students the awareness of and the competence to be savvy users of latest technology in operation.
- To develop among students the ability to work with others, in professional and social settings.
- To develop an understanding among students of the human, social and business context in which they will utilize their electrical engineering skills.
- To develop a global view among students so that they can appreciate diversity in the world and in intellectual pursuits.
- To impart knowledge from other engineering programmes, required for complete understanding of multi-disciplinary applications in the field of electrical engineering.
The following laboratories have been established to ensure that the students get complete facilities to exhaustively understand and explore the concepts of Electrical Engineering:
- Electrical Machines Lab.
- Basic Electronics Lab.
- Basic Electrical Lab.
- Analog Electronics Lab.
- Digital Electronics Lab.
- Electronics Circuits Lab.
- Microprocessor Lab.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering Lab.
- Control Systems Engineering Lab.
- Project Lab.
- Electronic Measurement & Instrumentation Lab.
- Power Electronics Lab.
- Power System Simulation Lab.
- Electrical Workshop Practice Lab.